|Detailed Kindle 3 Review|
Kindle 3 Review – 5 Big Kindle 2 Strengths that are carried over
There are 5 big existing Kindle 2 strengths that are carried over. These include -
- eInk Screen and Focus on Reading – An eReader should be focused on reading and should be optimized for reading and Kindle 3 definitely is. eInk is easy on the eyes, works in sunlight, and has great screen contrast.
- Simplicity and Close to Zero Learning Curve - Kindle 3 is just as simple to use as Kindle 2. The learning curve remains close to zero.
- Kindle Store – You get the best ebook store with 510,000 books at or under $9.99 and 630,000 total books.
- Free 3G and Free Global Wireless for US users - Any user can browse the Kindle Store for free in any of 100+ WhisperNet enabled countries. US owners can buy books and download them without any extra charges and can also surf the Internet for free in all these countries. Users in some other countries are beginning to get free Internet browsing.
- Text to Speech - Kindle 2 was the only eReader that had text to speech and Kindle 3 keeps it. Please note that Publishers sometimes disable this feature (perhaps 40% of the time).
The Kindle 2 was a really good eReader to begin with. The Kindle 3 keeps nearly all of the Kindle 2′s strengths while adding on a long list of improvements.